Monday, July 19, 2010

Water + Potassium Bicarbonate for a change

The hill has definitely dried out, and given the fact that the vines are moving into berry-growth mode decided it's time for a good soak - so gave all rows 6 hrs of drip over the weekend.

Now, in my every-other-week spray program routine, I started from bottom of the vineyard to top, this time spraying with a 1.5% solution of Kaligreen (baking soda like substance). I figure that *if* we're fighting potassium deficiency may as well use this foliar PM erradicant. I don't know that potassium as a nutrient is picked up through the leaves, but at least there'll be a bit added to the soil as the residual drips onto the soil.

In any case I started from the bottom and finished bottom of row 4.  Will keep going up the hill as the week progresses.

No comments: