Monday, May 17, 2010

Spent Grain Recipes

Truth be told, I make both wine and beer.  It's the same equipment, and seems a shame for this equipment to go to waste.

Another thing I don't like wasting is the grain after making a batch of beer: usually there's at least 2 quarts of spent grain, that's high in protein, fiber, and b-vitamins.  I usually find recipes, but never archive what I've found.

Here are a few: 
An assortment: granola, chocolate chip cookies, yeast bread, et al.
Banana Peanut Butter Spent Grain Muffins, from another Lisa that didn't want another yeast bread recipe
Not a recipe, but a description from probably THE best veggie burger I've had at the Deschutes Brewpub in Bend, Oregon. Excerpt: Made with Black Beans, Vegetables, Spent Grain from our Brewery and Fresh Spices with Avocado-Tomatillo Salsa.

No comments: